1301 Beach Ave.
Cape May, NJ 08204
Price Of Entrées: $22-$39
Not Handicap Accessible
Accept V, MC, AE, D
No Kids’ Menu
Why Should I Go? Maybe you’ve spent your afternoon fighting traffic in sweltering heat just to get here. Maybe you spent your first beach day yelling at your children to stop throwing sand and jellyfish. Maybe you need a vacation from your vacation. Peter Shields Inn and fine dining restaurant, a Georgian revival that’s been everything since the turn of the twentieth century from a private residence to a club for boat owners, can be just that. In fact, a trip to Peter Shields is a vacation for all five of your senses…
- Hear: As you eat dinner on the oceanfront spot, in one of five dining rooms or on the outside porch, you might hear ocean waves, or the distant laughter of die-hard beach-goers finally calling it quits for the day.
- See: Take in the beautifully renovated space, its new sitting room, stained glass windows, and sleek, understated decor.
- Feel: Sink into an overstuffed pillow on a wicker rocking chair, as the ocean breezes drift over you. Or feel the heat from a nearby fireplace as you come in from a blustery winter’s day.
- Smell: Get a whiff of the ocean air and freshly cut flowers that adorn your table before your food arrives. After that, you won’t be able to smell anything but the mouth-watering flavors of an award-winning chef.
- Taste: This one you’re just going to have to experience for yourself…
Insider Tip: Not in the mood for a full meal? Stop by for tapas or a light lunch on the porch, a perfect midday retreat for when those kiddies start throwing that sand on the beach. Peter Shields is, after all, just across the street. Ask about staying in one of their nine guest rooms, too!
Jumbo Lump Crab Salad
With smoked salmon, mache, toasted almonds, basil aioli.
Grilled Chipotle Glazed Quail
Over truffle potato salad with deviled quail egg.
PSI Surf and Turf
House-rubbed hangar steak and crab cake with truffle potato purée and grilled asparagus.
Brioche-Crusted Domestic Lamb Rack
Roasted fingerlings and lamb jus.
Chanterelles, potato gnocchi, spinach and roasted garlic aioli.
Warm Toffee Pudding
Caramel and vanilla ice cream.
Blueberry and Coconut Panna Cotta
Mango purée and Grand Marnier cream.
Raspberry sorbet and fresh seasonal berries.